5 32 oz. Cans of tomato sauce
5 medium size yellow onions
5 or 6 stalks of celery
1 green bell pepper
˝ lb. Sliced mushrooms
2 lbs. Lean ground beef
4 tbsp. Olive oil
2 tbsp. Basil
2 tbsp. Oregano
1 tbsp. Thyme
6 cloves garlic (crushed and chopped really fine)
1 tsp. Crushed red pepper (optional but nice)
1 tsp. Black pepper
However-much salt (it's your choice)
1 lb. Mozzarella
1 lb. Medium Sharp Cheddar
4 oz. Grated Parmesan cheese
1 ea. 16 oz. Package of wide lasagna
1. Heat olive oil, add garlic and sauté Don't brown it!
2. Add diced vegies and spices, sauté until lightly browned.
3. Add meat and continue to sauté until brown.
4. Skim off fat.
5. Add tomato sauce and bring to light boil, reduce heat to simmer. Keep it going for several hours.
6. Skim fat again.
7. Cook the pasta until it is still slightly al dente. It will cook more during the baking process.
8. Find a large baking pan (13" x 20" will work)
9. Cover the bottom of the pan with oil (Unless you really like to scrub!)
10. Pour a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of the pan.
11. Lay a layer of pasta over sauce.
12. Pour another layer of sauce over the pasta
13. Install a layer of the cheese of mozzarella over the sauce
14. Add another layer of pasta.
15. Keep doing this until you can't get any more in the pan.
16. Sprinkle Parmesan over top
17. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour or so. (Until the top is slightly brown and bubbly)
18. Chow Down!! Serve with garlic bread and the wine of your choice.